Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Blood Falls - Finale



First of all, thank you all so much for reading and all of your kind words of praise for my story. nosleep has certain rules restricting authors from breaking character in the comments, but here I can say whatever I want. I like turtles. There, see?

Seriously, it's so rewarding to be able to share my writing with everyone and see that there's an audience that actually enjoys my silly ideas. You're all incredibly encouraging, and for that you're all awesome. Thank you.

In the coming days I will compile both The Eos & Blood Falls together in a single .mobi/.pdf/.epub file that you can all download for free for your e-reader devices. I'll make a post here about it sometime next week and include all the necessary links. It'll be titled "The Shaun Brewer Stories". I'd really like to include a book cover, but I'm not good at art stuff. If anyone would be willing to do one for me, that'd be like super cool. Send me a message on reddit, or shoot me an email at jessejamesrose@gmail.com.

I'll also be sending the story to the people working at McMurdo. Hope they enjoy it!

Anyhow, on to information about the finale! I'll be throwing in some stuff from part 3 as well!


Here we have Discovery Hut. As you can see from the picture it overlooks McMurdo, but it's still somewhat isolated. A perfect little sanctuary for a killer!

This hut has historical importance to Antarctica. In part 3 Shaun visits Observation Hill and sees the memorial cross at the summit. This hut is where the people inscribed on the memorial set up shelter back in 1912. 

If you would like, here is an interactive map of McMurdo Station. I found this page to be quite useful when doing research for this story. 

DISEASES

Lauren becomes infected with Bolutism. This disease was mentioned in part 3 as something that could happen as a result of the microbes found at Blood Falls. This disease the result of a toxin from bacteria called Clostridium Botulinum.



These tiny little guys pack a punch! And they're what was administered to Lauren over the course of an entire week. 

As far as Kristy goes, she has a condition known as Multiple Myeloma, It's cancer of the blood, but more specifically, white blood cells. The blood Dmitry & Shaun observe in part 3 lacks plasma because it was all once inside Kristy. It's essentially used blood that is no longer viable.

CRARY LAB

Take a tour of Crary! The beginning of this video is the library, where Janet is brutally murdered!



PART 3 DELETED SCENE - SHAUN & DMITRY GET A ROOM

I thought this scene sort of made the characters appear homophobic, so I deleted it. It also felt sort of similar to the scene in part 1 where Shaun and Dmitry crowd surf at the concert while wearing pantyhose. It was just some light-hearted humor to add character development and create a stronger bond between them. Enjoy...

I put the key in the lock and turned. The door opened and unveiled a small room with two windows that were covered with long, thick curtains. These were used to block out the sun during the time of year when the sun never sets. There were two dressers, a bookcase, a joining bathroom to the room next to us where Kristy was, and oddly, one queen size bed.
"We have to sleep in the same bed?" Dmitry asked.
"I guess so..."
"We sleep head to toe then."
"Doesn't matter. Our delicates would still be aligned."
"Delicates?"
"Genitals."
"Oh. But feet is better to sleep next to than face."
"Yeah...you have a point."

Our first night at the dorms after leaving Blood Falls was interrupted by a knock at the door. Dmitry and I had been in bed trying our best to get some sleep but nothing seemed to do the trick. Even though we were already awake the knock still startled me.

"Who's there?" I yelled out.
"It's me. Kristy."

I got out of bed and opened the door to see Kristy standing in her pajamas with a blanket draped over her shoulder and a pillow in her hand.

"I-I can't sleep alone. Can I stay with you two?"
I solemnly nodded at her. "Of course. Come on in."

She walked past me and into the room.

"Hi Kristy!" Dmitry waved his arm back and forth like Forest Gump. "You can sleep in same bed with us, there's plenty of room!"
"Oh! I thought...I had no idea..."
"No idea what?" I asked.
"That you two were...y'know."
My eyes went wide and I let out a loud laugh. "No! They only gave us one queen size bed. We're sleeping head to toe."
"That's not one queen size bed!" Kristy started laughing uncontrollably. "It's two twin size beds roped together! You're supposed split them up and model the room however you want!"
"Oooooooh!" Dmitry and I said in unison.


WHAT'S NEXT?

As far as Shaun & Dmitry go, I'm not quite sure what's in store for them next. At the moment I do not have any plans to extend the series, although I do feel as though both characters need some sort of closure. There's a few ideas floating around, but nothing I've developed an outline for just yet. The characters deserve more, so I'm going to try and give them more. For now though, I don't have any sort of announcement. It's all just a big bowl of maybe right now. I'll update you all with any news. 'Till then, take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fourth Domain - Finale

Thank you, once again, for those who took the time to read the third entry in the Shaun Brewer series. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as...